HADD-ADHD Ireland Ireland’s support organisation for people with ADHD, is delighted to let you know that internationally renowned expert Fintan Regan who is also a former teacher and principal for children with ADHD will be delivering a full day course which will deliver a range of practical strategies to support learning, behavioural and socialisation objectives within schools and the home environment.
We will also focus on how teachers and parents and carers can work in partnership to meet the needs of children and young persons with ADHD and co-existing conditions.
The content of the course will include
- Considering symptoms, causes, prevalence, impact and diagnosis
- Girls and Boys with ADHD and co existing difficulties and differences including Dyslexia, Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) , Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) and Conduct Disorder (CD)
- Introducing the SF3R model of management of Structure, Flexibility, Rapport, Relationships and Resilience to meet Educational, Behavioural and Socialisation goals
- Setting rules, rituals and routines, accessing the curriculum, seating and goal setting, study skills and rewarding positive outcomes
- Adapting rules, rituals and routines at home and supporting organisation and homework objectives
- Dealing with Mood, Motivation, Distractibility, Disruption and Defiance
- How best to manage with peer interaction during class and non-classroom time, including the issues of bullying behaviour and sibling rivalry
- Looking at how best to engage multi-agency intervention and the role of medication
- Additional home school collaboration and communication and preparing the child and family for transitions
- Developing a series of case studies and sharing expertise and experiences from delegates of teaching and managing children and young persons with ADHD and co-existing conditions
Where: Clayton Hotel, Liffey Valley, Dublin 22, D22 X4W6
When: 12th April 2018 9.30am – 4.00pm
Cost: €100 per person or €150 for 2 educators from the same school or for couples. Payment can be made via credit card on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/teaching-and-managing-children-and-young-per..., by EFT please call us for our IBAN, or by cheques made payable to HADD-ADHD Ireland. A full lunch and all refreshments handouts etc are included in the cost.
For more information please call HADD-ADHD Ireland on 01-8748349 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org