It’s Monday and we needed a laugh, thanks to www.additudemag.com “You know you have ADHD when…”
1. You can’t find your car keys or your spare set, and your husband is hesitant to lend you his keys because you will probably misplace those, too. (And, you agree, he may be right!)
2. You can’t see your alarm clock on the nightstand because of the stack of books you’re reading — all at the same time.
3. You buy another organizing system, to organize your last five organizing systems.
4. You look for your eyeglasses, and they are sitting on top of your head, or you find the remote control for the DVD player in the fridge.
5. You can’t see over the piles of paper in your office, but when someone asks you for a document, you say, “Oh, that is in this pile.”
6. You forget what you were doing in the middle of taking a shower!
7. You stop at a stop sign, sit there, and stare at the sign, waiting for it to turn green.
8. Your students remind you of what you were talking about before you were distracted by one of them sneezing.
9. While considering your answer to a question, you wonder what’s for supper.
10. The person sitting beside you grabs your attention, but so does the heating unit shutting on and off, the fluorescent light flickering above you, and a bird flying by the window!
11. I’m sorry. What was the question again?
12. Going shopping takes three attempts.
13. You have enough money in the bank to pay bills, yet you simply forget to!
14. You’re talking on the phone and have a moment of panic where you ask, “Where is my phone!?!” and tell the person on the other end of the line that you’ve lost your phone.
15. You lose something you need…and you haven’t moved from your seat.
16. You wonder about the weird sound “everyone else’s” cars are making, only to realize, 15 minutes down the road, that you’ve been driving with your hand brake on!
17. You dial a number, but, by the time someone answers, you forget who you’re calling.
18. You realize you have five years’ worth of Christmas cards nicely printed, stuffed, addressed, and never mailed!
19. Your spouse asks you for a cup of water and you go and make a cheese sandwich for yourself…
20. You start cleaning the kitchen…and find something that belongs in the office. You go to the office to put it away, sit down to check your e-mail, go on Facebook instead, decide to write a poem, and several hours later realize that the water in the sink is cold.
21. You leave with enough time to be early for your ADHD doctor’s appointment, but are thinking of other things and drive to work instead and end up late.
22. You drain the can of soup you just opened for lunch.