HADD-ADHD Ireland's mission is to make life better for people affected by ADHD.
HADD-ADHD Ireland envisages a future where all individuals affected by ADHD are included, supported, and empowered in all contexts of their lives (e.g. school, work, home, and socially) to participate fully within, benefit from, and contribute meaningfully to Irish society. HADD-ADHD Ireland is the national organisation that will enable this.
HADD-ADHD Ireland's mission is to make life better for all people affected by ADHD, by raising awareness, knowledge, and understanding of the condition, providing practical services, and by creating a support network of paid staff and volunteers to underpin these activities.
We provide support and advice through our phone-line and emails; send out information, produce publications; organise information sessions; run Solution Focussed Brief Therapy courses for young people, run parenting courses; work to raise awareness of the condition and contribute to research.
HADD’s vision is a society in which:
- ADHD is recognised as a genetic condition caused by a different balance of chemicals in the brain, affecting children and adults throughout their life.
- ADHD is recognised as a condition which requires timely diagnosis leading to an integrated package of treatments and supports designed to meet the needs of the individual, coordinated by a medical professional who builds up rapport and trust over time.
- Where there is information and support for people with ADHD and their families.Where there is awareness and understanding among educators, employers and institutions so that school, work and institutional environments are adapted to meet the needs of the individual.
- Where there is acceptance that ADHD is a difference with many positive aspects.
- Where all professionals and organisations involved work together to make life better for people with ADHD.
If you would like to talk to someone about ADHD, you can contact us by telephone at 01 8748349 at the Carmichael Centre in Dublin. We have volunteers manning the telephone Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 11 to 4pm or you can send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need more information about anything you see on our website.
HADD is a registerd Charity - Charity Number 13614.
Please note that the information you find on our web site is intended as a guide and is no substitute for professional medical/educational advice given to you personally, as each person with ADHD presents differently and as such has individual needs.